Pic18f4520 Starter Board Introduction
Kit Contents: PIC18F4520 Starter Board comes with the following features:
- PIC18F4520 MCU with ds30 bootloader
- LCD 16x2 breakout.
- On Board Usb-To-Serial.
- Test switches (1) and LEDs(3).
- All Port pins pins available for peripheral interfacing.
- Dimensions: 95mm X 70mm.
- 1.6mm Glass Epoxy, FR4 PCB.
- Wave Soldered.
- Check this tutorial for Usb2Serial Driver Installation.
- Compiler Installation: Download and Install the MPlabx IDE and x8 compiler.
- Check this tutorial for setting up the project to generate the .hex file.
- Check this tutorial for Uploading Hex File Using Pickit2.
- Check this tutorial for Uploading Hex File Using Ds30 Bootloader.
Complete Board Test
The board is shipped with test software loaded in the controller. Connect the board to the System, Open the Serial Terminal and reset the Controller. Follow the below procedure to test all the peripherals.
This Board will comes with Two on board LEDs Connected to PD0 and PD1.
Below table shows the LCD 4-bit pin connection.
The Board comes with two on Board Switches, Connected to PD2 and PD3.
The Board has a Pot Connected to AN0/RA0. ADC values from the Pot is read and transmtted on UART.
(A-Z) is wriiten to eeprom and then read it back. Same is transmitted on UART.