Xplore Flash for At89s52 Revision as of 17:38, 10 May 2017 by Guru
In this tutorial, we will see how to use XploreFlash for flashing the hex files to AT89s52.
First, we will see how to install the XploreFlash software along with UsbAsp drivers and then continue with flashing the controller.
Installing UsbAsp Drivers
Download the UsbAsp drivers from this link and follow the below steps.
In case your are using Windows7/Vista/Xp, skip the first 7 steps and directly jump to step8.
Windows 8 and above do not allow the installation of drivers that are not digitally signed. This needs to be disabled by following the below steps.
Using XploreFlash(AVR Dudes)
- Xplore flash is based on various open source software, it requires avrdude. Avrdude is part of WinAVR GCC compiler. Download and install it.
- The GUI software will require .NET framework 2.0 or later please download and install it.
- Download and install XploreFlash GUI and follow the below steps.
STEP 1: Run the Xplore Flash(Avr Dudes) software and
- Keep the P1.5 - P1.7 open as they are used for flashing the code using USBasp
- Select the UsbAsp programmer from the dropdown as shown below.
- Select the AT89S52 controller from the drop down.
- Check the write option to flash the .hex file to the controller.
Have an opinion, suggestion , question or feedback about the article let it out here!