The ARM LPC2148 chip is has been out for quite some time now. This could be your first foray into the world of ARM micrcontrollers. There are lots of resources and tools out there for this micrcocontroller. Hence we decided to make it into Explore Stick form factor.The board also has a USB bootloader which making programming the microcontroller exteremely use. You simply need to drag and drop the bin file. The board breaks out most of the pins and it fits on a bread board! The board uses a Explore Embedded Stick layout, which we plan to extend for various other ARM MCUs like the LPC1768, LPC1114, STM32f103. We will be soon announcing a base board which works with all of the stick layout breakout boards, thus making your ARM development modular. The modular approach is not just for the hardware, we plan to make even the software modular for all the ARM stick layout boards.
Note : Debugger doesn't work with this board.
- USB bootloader- No external programmer required
- Runs at 60Mhz
- 512K Bytes Flash
- 32K Bytes RAM
- On board RTC battery support
- User LEDs x 4
- Switches x 4
- LPC2148 microcontroller core features:
- USB 2.0 Full-speed compliant device controller with 2 kB of endpoint RAM. In addition, the LPC2146/48 provides 8 kB of on-chip RAM accessible to USB by DMA.
- Two 10-bit ADCs provide a total of 6/14 analog inputs, with conversion times as low as 2.44 µs per channel.
- Single 10-bit DAC provides variable analog output (LPC2142/44/46/48 only).
- Two 32-bit timers/external event counters (with four capture and four compare channels each), PWM unit (six outputs) and watchdog.
- Low power Real-Time Clock (RTC) with independent power and 32 kHz clock input.
- Multiple serial interfaces including two UARTs (16C550), two Fast I²C-bus (400 kbit/s), SPI and SSP with buffering and variable data length capabilities.
- Vectored Interrupt Controller (VIC) with configurable priorities and vector addresses.
- Up to 45 of 5 V tolerant fast general purpose I/O pins in a tiny LQFP64 package.
- Up to 21 external interrupt pins available.
- 60 MHz maximum CPU clock available from programmable on-chip PLL with settling time of 100 µs.
- On-chip integrated oscillator operates with an external crystal from 1 MHz to 25 MHz.
- Power saving modes include Idle and Power-down.
- Individual enable/disable of peripheral functions as well as peripheral clock scaling for additional power optimization.
- Processor wake-up from Power-down mode via external interrupt or BOD.
- Single power supply chip with POR and BOD circuits:
- CPU operating voltage range of 3.0 V to 3.6 V (3.3 V ± 10 %) with 5 V tolerant I/O pads.