GSM SIM 900A USB shield is a handy solution for your GSM/GPRS interface needs. You may connect it to a Laptop/Desktop computer with USB or RS232 connection. Also there is a TTL breakout for directly connecting it to microcontrollers like AVR, Arduino, PIC, ARM and other microcontrollers.
Specifications: GSM SIM900A USB SHIELD
- GSM/GPRS Module: SIMCOM SIM900A
- On board Interfaces
- USB (usb to serial using CP2102)
- RS232 with MAX232
- TTL pin breakout (RXD,TXD,GND)
SIM 900A GSM GPRS Module feature
â€¢Dual-Band 900/ 1800 MHz
â€¢GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
â€¢GPRS mobile station class B
â€¢Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
â€“ Class 4 (2 W @900 MHz)
â€“ Class 1 (1 W @ 1800MHz)
â€¢SAIC (Single Antenna Interference Cancellation) support
â€¢Dimensions: 24* 24 * 3 mm
â€¢Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
â€¢SIM application toolkit
â€¢Supply voltage range : 3.2 ... 4.8V
â€¢Low power consumption: 1.0mA(sleep mode&BS -PA-MFRMS=9 )
â€¢Operation temperature: -40Â°C to +85 Â°C
Default Settings on the board
- The baud rate is set to 9600 when we ship the board. You may change it with AT+IPR = 115200.
- The echo of characters is turned on by default.
SIM 900 AT commands
GUI for windows
- Xplore GSM is a Windows GUI and command line software that can be used to test and evaluate the GSM USB Shield.
For support visit the products learning page.